The 2021 Delta-Montrose Electric Association (DMEA) Annual Meeting is set to take place virtually Thursday, June 17, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. Co-op members and other guests must register before 1:00 p.m. the day of at www.dmea.com.
“On behalf of the DMEA and its board of directors, I encourage all of our members to log in for the meeting; listen in from the comfort of your home or office. We’re looking forward to answering your questions and discussing our goals for the future,” said DMEA Board President, Bill Patterson.
For the second year in a row, DMEA’s annual board of directors’ election is uncontested and members will be asked to formally elect the following candidates during the meeting.
District 1 – William (Bill) Patterson
District 2 – Kyle Martinez
District 5 – Leslie (Chris) Hauck
DMEA’s bylaws allow the cooperative to suspend the mailing of ballots in the event a board election is uncontested. Therefore, members will not receive a mail-in ballot. Rather, members will vote during the meeting on the virtual platform.
The meeting will follow a familiar agenda, with the added excitement of the results of DMEA’s Powering Connection Business Grants. During the meeting, DMEA will announce the recipients of the $30,000 in grant funds for which more than 80 local businesses applied. It will also feature numerous board and staff reports on DMEA’s business accomplishments over the past year, including the successful transition to its new power supply partner, Guzman Energy.
“In just the last six months of 2020, DMEA shaved $2 million off our wholesale power costs compared to 2019. In addition, we were able to keep rates steady through 2020. That’s all news worth celebrating with our members,” said Patterson.
Important Notes About the 2020 DMEA Virtual Annual Meeting
- Members must register in advance by Thursday, June 17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Late registrations cannot be admitted.
- The meeting will begin at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 17, 2021.
- Members can attend either online or by phone. Phone participants will not be able to participate in the vote (please note the election is uncontested).
- After a member has registered, they will receive a confirmation email with all the necessary information needed to attend the meeting.