SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2020 – Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases within our service territory, starting tomorrow, DMEA’s offices will be closed to the public out of an abundance of caution. The closure is temporary, starting Monday, November 16, and going through at least November 27. We will notify members if we extend the closure beyond these dates.
During the closure, the facilities will be professionally deep cleaned and disinfected. All employees who can will be working remotely and field workers will take extra precautions to ensure that DMEA continues to provide essential services.
What we’re doing to keep the lights on
- DMEA offices are temporarily closed, November 16 – 27
- Telecommuting software and systems are being utilized to support all employees who are able to work from home
- We have implemented regular disinfecting procedures in our facilities
- Employees who are ill or who have infected family members in their home have been directed to stay home
- DMEA adheres to the county and state public safety COVID-19 regulations of wearing masks, social distancing, and frequent hand washing
What you can do to help keep our essential employees healthy
- When possible, skip the trip to our offices and pay your bill remotely
- Log into your account and pay online at https://dmea.smarthub.coop/Login.html#login
- Call us at 877-687-3632 and pay using our secure phone payment option
- Set your account to autopay. You can do this through your online account, linked above.
- Please keep your distance from our line workers and other field crews. Our linemen are essential to ensuring DMEA can deliver safe and reliable power. They conduct regular maintenance and respond to outages at all hours.