DMEA Annual Meeting Goes Virtual
Meeting is a go for Thursday, June 18, 2020
FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2020 – The 2020 Delta-Montrose Electric Association (DMEA) Annual Meeting will still take place as planned on Thursday, June 18, 2020, with one major adjustment. Rather than gathering with DMEA board members and staffers in person, members will attend online.
“There’s nothing we’d like more than to gather with our members in person, but we know that’s not what’s best for our communities right now. Instead, we’re hosting a virtual annual meeting, so members can attend from the comfort—and safety—of their own home,” said Jasen Bronec, DMEA Chief Executive Officer.
The DMEA Annual Meeting will take place Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. In order to attend the meeting, members must register in advance at www.dmea.com. Registration is now open and will close Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
As is the case every year, the meeting will mark the conclusion of DMEA’s 2020 Board of Directors Elections. This year, the race is uncontested with each board candidate running unopposed in his or her respective districts. The official candidates are as follows:
District 6 – Damon Lockhart, incumbent
District 7 – Enno Heuscher, appointed May 26, 2020*
North Region – Stacia Cannon, incumbent
* Per DMEA’s bylaws, all board vacancies must be filled within four months of the date of the vacancy. After confirming Heuscher’s uncontested candidacy, Heuscher was appointed as the DMEA District 7 Board Representative at DMEA’s Regular Board Meeting on May 26, 2020, in order to remain in compliance with DMEA bylaws.
DMEA’s bylaws allow the cooperative to suspend the mailing of ballots in the event a board election is uncontested. Therefore, members will not receive a mail-in ballot. Rather, members will vote during the meeting on the virtual platform.
“I encourage every member to register for this year’s Annual Meeting. While, we’ll no doubt miss the face-to-face time with our members, we’re still excited to review our accomplishments from 2019 and discuss what the future holds for DMEA and our members,” said Bronec.
The meeting will follow a familiar agenda for DMEA members, with reports from Bronec and DMEA’s Board President Bill Patterson. Members will also have the opportunity to ask questions during the member comments portion. In addition, DMEA will be giving away door prizes, randomly selecting from those members in attendance and then mailing the prizes to the winners.
Important Notes About the 2020 DMEA Virtual Annual Meeting
· Members must register in advance by Thursday, June 18 at 1:00 p.m.
· Late registrations cannot be admitted.
· The meeting will begin at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 18, 2020.
· Members can attend either online or by phone. Phone participants will not be able to participate in the vote (please note the election is uncontested).
· After a member has registered and been verified, they will receive a confirmation email with all the necessary information needed to attend the meeting.